5th African Union (AU) – European Union (EU) Agriculture Ministerial Conference
June 30 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm UTC+2
Resilient food systems and sustainable agri value chains
In the framework of the Africa-EU Partnership, the fifth AU-EU agriculture ministerial conference foresees 4 high-level thematic sessions, side events and a ministerial plenary session.
The thematic sessions will be held in parallel in the morning and will cover:
- Sustainable investment in support of agri-food
- Research and innovation for smarter policies and technologies
- Climate resilience of agri-food systems
- Regional trade integration
AU and EU Ministers of Agriculture, together with representatives of other international organisations will convene in the afternoon plenary session to take stock of the thematic discussions and pave the way for the future cooperation. The plenary session will be streamed live. A link to the live stream will be available on the day of the conference.
30 Jun 2023,
08:00 AM – 09:30 AM CESTRegistration at FAO
09:30 AM – 12:00 PM CESTHigh Level Thematic Sessions
12:00 PM – 02:30 PM CESTLunch and side events
02:30 PM – 05:45 PM CESTPlenary AU – EU Agriculture Ministerial Conference
FAO HeadquartersViale delle Terme di Caracalla, 00153 Rome, Italy
Starts on Friday 30 June 2023, 14:30 CEST
- Who should attend
African and European Ministers of Agriculture and Commissioners, EU and AU Ambassadors in Rome, agri-food business and farming organisations, as well as international financial institutions and Rome based UN agencies (FAO, IFAD).
- English, French, Portuguese, Arabic
- Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development | Directorate-General for International Partnerships | African Union Commission | African Union